Airfreight may contain anything ranging from mails to parcel delivery is the transfer and shipment of goods via an air carrier, which is a trade facilitator that contributes to global economic development and creates millions of jobs. Such shipments travel out of commercial and passenger aviation gateways to anywhere planes can fly to deliver high-quality products at competitive prices to consumers worldwide. Air Cargo plays a huge role in logistics and trade, managing and controlling the flow of goods, information, and energy.
What the benefits of Air Cargo Shipping
Most of the Air Freight Forwarders have an extensive network of air carriers that serve domestic and international locations. It is a valuable option for coordinating time-sensitive shipments to anywhere in the world. With the frequency of commercial flight, the high level of security and capacity isn’t an issue. The flight generally has reliable arrival and departure times with very few delays. If missed flight, the freight can get on a later flight so shipment of cargo by air is very likely to arrive on time. Due to the shipment duration is short, insurance premiums on air cargo are generally lower. This is an advantage for smaller and mid-sized companies to participate in local and international trade expeditiously and effectively. Air Cargo also a high level of security as airport controls over cargo.
The Types of Air Cargo
- General cargo is the lowest-cost option includes high-value goods, such as electronics, jewelry, and pharmaceuticals. Air shipping is more expensive than shipping by sea, but due to the high margins and the fact that many electronic goods are fragile, air freight is the most appropriate form of transport. It ideally for customers that do not have time-sensitive shipments and can wait for available space.
- Special cargo requires special conditions for transporting goods, such as temperature control, certain air conditions or protected casing including flowers, plant material, fruits, hazardous, sensitizer, dangerous goods or livestock.
Domestic delivery options
- Same-day air/next flight out: This is the fastest way to ship by air, outside of charter services. Choose this option to deliver goods on the same day they fly out. Our professional team will explore all options with you to help you reach same-day deadlines via air or secure the next day delivery option to help your shipments arrive in time.
- Next-day air: Next-day air gets your time-sensitive freight to its destination by the end of the following business day.
- Second-day air: Second-day air is a good balance of speed and cost, and the freight will arrive by the second business day.
- Deferred air: This is the most economical shipping option and is optimal for lower priority cargo that can wait to ship until there is space on an aircraft that is convenient to the airline based on the tariffs of different air carriers.
International delivery options
- Deferred service: This is the standard option for international flights. Freight usually arrives at the destination within 3-5 days.
- Express service: This is the fastest option for shipping goods globally. While it is more costly, your goods will arrive at the destination airport within 2-3 days.